Who Can Get Sealants?
Both children and adults can highly benefit from dental sealants. Also, the earlier you have them on your teeth, the better. As soon as the permanent molars come in, they can be sealed so they are cavity-free from the start. Permanent back teeth usually erupt between ages 6 and 12. Your dentist at Buderim Park Dental will examine your teeth to determine if dental sealants are a good option for you.
Dental Sealant Procedure
The procedure is quick, comfortable and non-invasive. It will only take a couple of minutes to complete the treatment, without the need for
- The dentist will thoroughly clean the teeth that require treatment.
- The chewing surfaces of the molar will be micro-etched using a special gel to help the coating adhere to the tooth.
- The coating will be applied to the pits and fissure of the teeth.
- The dentist will use a high-intensity curing light to harden the sealant.
Top Benefits of Dental Sealants
Aside from being a powerful tool against tooth decay, dental sealants offer a wide range of benefits for your dental health and lifestyle.
- Reduces the development of tooth decay between 80% and 90%
- Suitable for patients with frequent dry mouth
- Helps avoid stress and expenses due to various dental problems
- Saves you time from dental appointments and the hassle dealing with pain that can be caused by dental problems
- Matches the natural
colourof your teeth, therefore it is barely noticeable
- Improves the health of your teeth and your oral hygiene habits
Prevention and Good Dental Care
At Buderim Park Dental, we want you to enjoy a healthy, confident smile. With high-quality preventative dental care services, we can keep your mouth healthy for a long time. Don’t ignore the long-term benefits of an excellent preventative care program. Visit us regularly and have your teeth professionally cleaned at Buderim Park Dental.